uaCap:Transport uatcp secure
This transport capability supplements the UA_TCP transport with security, including:
- Authentication of communication partner based on digital certificates that are exchanged during the establishment of a secure channel. This is based on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) standards.
- Efficient Data encryption algorithms to provide Confidentiality
- Efficient Message signatures to provide Integrity
- Application authentication allows restricting access to trusted parties.
- End-to-end encryption offers uninterrupted protection of data between Client and Server resulting in a higher degree of security than transport protocols that protect messages by establishing secure connection between two hosts (HTTPS, for example).
- Can be applied to a wide range of devices and application, from control and field devices that require security to enterprise level applications.