Global Discovery enables a client to find OPC UA Servers within an enterprise using arbitrary network architectures. It is supported by means of a Global Discovery Server (GDS), an OPC UA Server Application that manages a database of OPC UA Applications.
Semi-automatic GDS configuration can be achieved by coupling GDS with subnet discovery. A GDS will typically also provide Certificate Management functions.
- Enables a client to find OPC UA Servers within an enterprise.
- Clients can search with a capability filter to lookup the appropriate Servers.
- Combining global discovery with certificate management in a GDS provides for enterprise-wide security configuration.
- One or more Global Discovery servers can be used to maintain discovery information of installed OPC UA applications.
- Requires a commercial Global Discovery Server (GDS)
Clients shall support the Conformance Unit Discovery Client Find Servers in GDS that is part of the Discovery Client Facet.